6 month check-up
Jacob's 6 month well baby check-up was yesterday, so here's the stats!
Weight: 18 lbs. 11 oz - 72nd%
Height: 27.5 in. - 85th%
He's finally slowing down the weight gain. Jacob was consistently gaining 2-3 lbs. every month, but this last month he's stayed about the same. She even weighed him twice on 2 different scales to make sure since I said he was 19.2 when I weighed him at home at the beginning of the month. I weighed him when we got home from the appointment (me holding him minus me not holding him) and our scale scale said he's 19.6 with his clothes and diaper on. So that gives me hope that MY weight is actually slightly less too! Ha, Ha! As long as my bridesmaid dress has to be altered we might as well size it down a little more, right Paula? :)
I guess I'm the cautious first time parent, because when I take Jacob to his check-ups the nurses ask questions like they assume I've already given him solid foods and such. I just thought I had to get the ok from them that he's ready for different things & hear how they suggest introducing it. I guess when we have another child I'll follow my instincts a little more. I love Dr. Krenzer! She has 4 kids of her own so she's very "real". She is informative about what to expect, what to watch for, and any concerns she has, yet dosen't freak out parents with an overkill of information and strict guidelines when not necessary. And she tells me every time that we just have such a perfect, happy baby! That's when I puff up with pride.....even though I know she probably says that to all her patients' parents. Jacob was so happy and smiley and talkative while we were there (especially when he got naked), demonstrating all the skills he's learned as they were asking me things like "Can he switch objects from one hand to the other?" and "Does he scratch & feel different surfaces like walls/tables/paper?" See why I'm so proud? Hopefully he won't turn into a little show-off! He was even all smiles and giggles afterwards when we stopped to see Daddy at work - couldn't even tell he had gotten two shots in his leg. He was a little fussy later when we got home, less distractions I suppose, but it was nothing a little tylenol and a nap didn't cure.
So, we're going to start with some solid foods and I'll post pictures soon. They no longer reccommend veggies first........there are different theories about what's best, so Dr. Krenzer suggested alternating fruits & veggies so Jacob aquires a taste for both. I picked up some carrots, peaches, sweat peas, and pears. I plan on making the majority of his food myself, but this will get us started and then give me containers to store homemade purees in. Wish us luck!
Weight: 18 lbs. 11 oz - 72nd%
Height: 27.5 in. - 85th%
He's finally slowing down the weight gain. Jacob was consistently gaining 2-3 lbs. every month, but this last month he's stayed about the same. She even weighed him twice on 2 different scales to make sure since I said he was 19.2 when I weighed him at home at the beginning of the month. I weighed him when we got home from the appointment (me holding him minus me not holding him) and our scale scale said he's 19.6 with his clothes and diaper on. So that gives me hope that MY weight is actually slightly less too! Ha, Ha! As long as my bridesmaid dress has to be altered we might as well size it down a little more, right Paula? :)
I guess I'm the cautious first time parent, because when I take Jacob to his check-ups the nurses ask questions like they assume I've already given him solid foods and such. I just thought I had to get the ok from them that he's ready for different things & hear how they suggest introducing it. I guess when we have another child I'll follow my instincts a little more. I love Dr. Krenzer! She has 4 kids of her own so she's very "real". She is informative about what to expect, what to watch for, and any concerns she has, yet dosen't freak out parents with an overkill of information and strict guidelines when not necessary. And she tells me every time that we just have such a perfect, happy baby! That's when I puff up with pride.....even though I know she probably says that to all her patients' parents. Jacob was so happy and smiley and talkative while we were there (especially when he got naked), demonstrating all the skills he's learned as they were asking me things like "Can he switch objects from one hand to the other?" and "Does he scratch & feel different surfaces like walls/tables/paper?" See why I'm so proud? Hopefully he won't turn into a little show-off! He was even all smiles and giggles afterwards when we stopped to see Daddy at work - couldn't even tell he had gotten two shots in his leg. He was a little fussy later when we got home, less distractions I suppose, but it was nothing a little tylenol and a nap didn't cure.
So, we're going to start with some solid foods and I'll post pictures soon. They no longer reccommend veggies first........there are different theories about what's best, so Dr. Krenzer suggested alternating fruits & veggies so Jacob aquires a taste for both. I picked up some carrots, peaches, sweat peas, and pears. I plan on making the majority of his food myself, but this will get us started and then give me containers to store homemade purees in. Wish us luck!
Comments