4 months = big changes!
During Jacob's 4th month we are seeing Jacob grow & develop so much! Besides consistently gaining 2 pounds & growing about an inch every month he's getting so much stronger and more alert, his hand/eye coordination is improving, and he keeps discovering new things...such as his tongue - I'm going to have to post a picture of that some time. Jacob now reaches for toys and the cats (it's springtime and they're shedding ridiculous amounts so you can imagine the wad of hair I have to clean off of his drool-caked hands after "petting" Jack and Tony - who take it surprisingly well). And he grabs for the wooden spoons and things in arms reach when I have him sitting in the bumbo seat on the counter while I'm baking. A sure sign that we're going to have to start baby-proofing the house now. He still doesn't reach for people yet though....I'm anxiously waiting for him to reach for me!
I posted Jacob's 4 month pictures below (the bottom one is my favorite), and as you can see we're now using cloth diapers! I've been researching them for quite a few months now, but was a little nervous about such an adventure & unsure which route to take as there are SOOO many different kinds these days! The objective is to save money, anything to help me be able to stay at home with my baby! So, after going over to my friend, Heidi's, to watch her diaper use/storage/washing routine I was very motivated. Within about 3 days of debating over styles, brands, and cost I ordered a stash of economically friendly Prefolds and covers and just a few of the more fancy, easy, more expensive, and quite stylish options to try out. It's been almost 2 weeks now and to my DELIGHT they are working beautifully, washing is not a big deal, and even Jeff can do it! If anyone wants to hear more, just ask, I love it!
Comments