Carrots, Pears, and Peas, oh my!

We started the solid foods adventure with Carrots.  Jacob's reaction was......compliant?  He made a bit of a funny face, and he did open up for another couple bites before deciding that he did not want to eat any more of that orange stuff.  He was even less thrilled about them the next few days while we finished off the container, but he did it!


After a number of days with no allergic reaction we tried pears.  We got the same uncertain reaction to the first bite of pears as he made with the carrots, but after another spoonful or two the "roller coaster" (as Jeff calls it) began and he ate about 2/3rds of the container in one sitting.  The dude likes pears!


After that we tried sweet peas and I SOOOOOO wish I would have taken a picture!  He didn't really spit it out, but he made the most disgusted face and kept pushing his tongue around like there was peanut butter stuck to the roof of his mouth.  He almost seemed to gag on it a few times!  It was one of those parenting moments where you know it's crule to laugh, but you just can't help it!  2 or 3 bites is all I got in him that day, but he slowly finished that too when I mixed the peas with equal parts prepared rice cereal.  I think it's a texture thing....peas have more of a chalky texture when they're cooked and mashed up like that - I don't blame him.  Today we're going to try peaches.  I have great expectations for that one, we'll see if I'm right.

We also have been trying to give him a sippy cup.  As of now, he just thinks it's another teething toy.........he's always been a chewer rather than a sucker when it comes to bottles and pacifiers.  He does LIKE the cup though.  We keep trying different kinds.  Eventually he'll get the hang of it.  Here's a few pictures of the first sippy cup experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Beans In My Guitar

6 month check-up