Too big!

This may be a sign that Jacob is getting too big for his swing! It was/is great for helping him fall asleep when he's to "busy", but it lays down too much for him when he thinks it's time to play - he tries to sit up! The bar across his legs isn't on a hinge, it comes off completely, so when he was little (sheesh, I'm already saying that at 6 months!) and not so mobile and didn't care about the toys on it we didn't bother putting it on or even strapping him in since it layed down so far and dips in enough that there was no way he was going to roll out. However........two weeks ago I layed him in there after he fell asleep in my arms, didn't strap him in so as not to move him too much and wake him, and went to wash some dishes. 1/2 hr later or so I heard him talking so I peeked around the corner to see him hanging half out of the swing, head down, grinning up at me as if to say "look at my new trick, Mom!" He does this in his crib too, we peek in on him before we go to bed or go to get him in the mornings to find him laying sideways or completely fliped around from head to foot of the bed - crazy sleeper! I rushed to grab him and now we ALWAYS strap him into his swing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Beans In My Guitar

6 month check-up