Halloween!
Our Halloween was spent at our friends' the Klaassen's house for supper and then taking the kids down their street to go Trick-or-Treating. Here are some pictures from Jacob's first Halloween!
Thank goodness the cow costume fit over the cast!
Jonah, Brody, Darby, Tessa, Emma, Jacob, Clara, Lauryn, Kaylee (the VanVoorst kids missed the group picture, so imagine this whole crew plus 2 more kids & all their parents showing up at your house all at once!)
We carved pumpkins with the college-age group from church so I wanted to show off their creativity.
We also had a costume party with the college group. We bobbed for apples on strings rather than in water which I believe we proved is way funnier!
Bobbing Boys - top time about 70 seconds if I remember correctly.
Bobbing Kliewers....
Jeff wins in 3 seconds....I didn't stand a chance.
A humble victory......?
Kayla & Jennifer - the Weasly twins from Harry Potter
Vince is a Star Wars fanatic and his costume was spot-on with the exception of the boots (basically rubber rain boots), which he took quite a verbal beating for. But he impressively made the entire costume himself, sewing and all!
The always clever Katie - "A shot in the Dark"
Cowgirl Carrie - she even borrowed some leather chaps!
Because of our little cow, Jeff and I decided to be farmers. I ran out of time to make some seed corn patches for our vests. Oh well. Doesn't Jeff look like he's ready to go out and milk some cows? Maybe then next time we go to South Dakota!
Comments