Happy Birthday Jacob!

First off, I want to thank Leon, my wonderful Father-in-law, who took all of these pictures. I am usually known for always having a camera in my hands (as is he), but every time I frantically thought "Where's my camera, I need a picture!", there he was, already getting the shot. So I didn't take any pictures myself, but I was able to relax and host and enjoy my first son's first birthday, AND there are actually pictures of me! So, thanks, Dad! And now, for your viewing pleasure - Jacob's Birthday.....

My side of the family didn't make it until Friday, so we had our Thanksgiving meal with Jeff's parents, grandparents, and sister's family. It was the perfect number of people (11 in all), we all fit around our dining room table (the BEST piece of furniture we've ever bought - it opens up huge!). We had all the traditional Thanksgiving foods, and I even stuffed the Turkey for the first time ever (with some direction from my mother-in-law) and I think it turned out great!
Jacob, show us how old you are!
"I'm one!" Between you and me, he points his finger in the air often, especially when he's excited, so I don't think he quite understands, but we'll go with it and just tell people he knows how old he is. We'll have to come up with a new trick for two years....
I baked the cake the day before, but it still needed decorating, so in the afternoon the girls helped me make frosting and showed me where to place the cars and candle. Kaylin was quite the snitcher. :) We had a great time!
He looks so innocent sitting on Aunt Teresa's lap.....he's praying!
The party begins! We opened presents while the pizza baked in the oven. Duplos from Mom and Dad, yay! Jeff was quite the lego man and is just itching for the day when he can get Jacob the huge castle set complete with drawbridge, dragon, feasting table with a Turkey that you can take the legs off of and put into the lego mans' hands.....unfortunately it's a little beyond Jacob at this point and those small pieces would end up getting swallowed. So we're starting out with the big blocks and he loves them - mostly because they make a lot of noise when he dumps them out and the bin has a clear, green tinted lid that he likes to press against his face to look through and make faces (very funny!) - but he'll grow into the building aspect soon enough.
Apparently Avy and Kaylin were very excited about this little dog they got for Jacob. It has a leash to pull him around to make him walk and "bark" (it's more like a squeak). Jacob likes it, thanks cousins!


Puzzles from Aunt Teresa & Uncle Shaphan. Jacob loves puzzles in the church nursery, so this was a great gift. And it's helping him learn his animal sounds. Almost every day we do the puzzle together and say the animal sounds, I think he knows the cow says moo, but it's hard to tell. He tries to copy the sounds I make, but they often come out sounding quite similar.
A train from Granpa Leon and Grandma Dianne! Jacob has gotten a lot of use out of this already. It drives around the track that folds up for storage & makes train noises as well as monkey and elephant noises (they ride on the train).
Jacob likes cars, so we went with the Disney "Cars" theme. Notice Guido in the corner ready for a pit stop (Mommy couldn't resist)!
Jacob seemed excited about the cake.
A little help with the candle...
And, dig in!
Yep, just pick up the whole piece, buddy.
He liked squishing it in his fingers.........never mind the frosting in his eye/eyelash.
Messy boy, just like he's supposed to do with his first birthday cake.
All cleaned up & getting rowdy with Daddy and Grandpa before bedtime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Beans In My Guitar

6 month check-up