No, no baby yet.

My elderly neighbor, June, called on Tuesday. "Are you at home? You were gone all day, I thought you had the baby!"
Me: "Yes, I'm home and I have been all day. Jeff was gone with his car to work."
June: "What? He went to work the day before you're due?! Oh my! Well, how are you feeling?"
Me: "I'm feeling fine. We're just doing every day stuff while we wait."
June: "Well, we sure are excited to hear about that little baby. You'll make sure to have someone call us once you have it, won't you?"
Me: "Yes, June, I promise we will call after the baby is born."
June: "Ok, well you take care of yourself then."
Me: "I will, June, thank you."
I smile and laugh as I hang up the phone because only 3 days earlier she had called to ask what day I was due - she had seen me pulling weeds in the garden and thought the baby was just going to fall out right there in the dirt! - and make sure we would call them when the baby was born. She MUST be excited. :)

In addition to the many questions "No baby yet?" & comments "you're making Baby too cozy in there" from friends and family, and my husband asking for the 100th time "Are you having contractions?" this is my most recent baby conversation...........

HyVee checkout lady to Jacob: "Well, aren't you cute!"
HyVee lady to me: "How old is he?"
Me: "18 months"
HyVee lady: "And when are you due?"
Me: "Yesterday"
HyVee lady: "Oh, my!"..........."So what are you having?"
Me: "We don't know, it's a surprise."
HyVee lady: "Oh, how nice!"........"Well, it's probably a boy since he's beeing stubborn and staying in there as long as he pleases."

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that....

I have a Dr. appt. in less than an hour. The first one at the new Methodist Women's Center. Hopefully I'll get a tour of the new Methodist Women's Hospital (which is attached) while I'm out there. They start deliveries at the new Hospital on Monday, so if this little once decides to wait till 7:00am on Monday or longer to make an appearance that's where we will need to go. A minute or more earlier and we'll still head to the old hospital. New would be nice, but I'd prefer not to wait that long. I just need to kick this cold that I've had since Sunday.....labor will not be so fun if I'm always needing to blow my nose between contractions. We covet your prayers for all our health, for a safe and enjoyable labor & delivery, and for a healthy baby all in God's perfect timing. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Beans In My Guitar

6 month check-up