How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?

Well, if you are the Owl or Jacob, its somewhere around 3. Jacob discovered his love of Tootsie Pops this Halloween. Somewhere toward the end of our candy walk through the Klaassen's neighborhood Jacob pulled one out of his bucket and got the wrapper off without us noticing. His eyes got wide and he repeated "Mmmmm," over again and again. Then he went into some kind of sugar coma - his eyes glossed over, he didn't speak or respond to us, and his legs turned to jello, we had to sit out a house or two while he finished (which didn't take long - I was amazed!) and then he immediately popped out of it and was back in action, smiling and saying "trick-or-treat" in his sweet little voice. Every time we let him choose a piece if candy for dessert he always goes for the suckers.

all the kids - most of the girls were princesses this year, if they had specific names I'm not sure, forgive me friends....
Clara Slininger (princess), Tessa Leyboldt (princess holding the hotdog), Caleb (hot dog), Emma Slininger (Ragedy Ann), Amelia Slininger (care bear), Jacob (giraffe), Jonah Slininger (cowboy), Brody Leyboldt (cowboys football player), Kaitlyn VanVoorst (Mulan), Cael VanVoorst (lamb), Zakery VanVoorst (Yoda), Lauryn Klaassen (bee), Kaylee Klaassen (fairy?), Darby Leyboldt (princess).



Caleb fell asleep almost imediately
After a while we couldn't get him to keep his hood up, which was fine except that it was getting pretty cold.
The legendary Tootsie Pop



On Friday Jeff and I had our annual Costume Party with the church College Group. Jeff was very proud of his costume this year thanks to some handy work with Duct Tape and the graciousness of his uncle Ted to lend him an impressive bow. If you watch Smallville you'll recognize him as Green Arrow one of the super heros in the Justice Leage (along with Superman, Aqua Man, The Flash, and Black Canary....there might be more but the extent of my comic book knowlege comes from watching Smallville and the little tidbits my husband fills me in on). I considered being Black Canary to go along with him, but she doesn't wear enough clothes for me. In the end I settled on Taylor Swift, the country music singer who writs songs about her ex-boyfriends.



There's a broken heart on my guitar with guys names on it. The only other thing I think I could have done is wear a blond wig....

Comments

Nice work on the costumes kids! :) The 2nd picture where you can sort of see Caleb, first glance, Jacob all the way!!! Miss you guys!
Come on Jeff! Everyone know the Green Arrow uses a recurve bow and not a compound.

More like this.

Love the outfit. Good job.
Mindy, I thought the same thing when I put the costume on Caleb. They must look more a like that I realize - Caleb's ears throw me off! :)

Yeah Bob, Jeff knows, but I told him not to be too picky and be thankful for any real bow. We should have borrowed from you guys instead, why didn't we think of that?! Next time, I guess.....if Jeff ever decides to be Green Arrow again..... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Black Beans In My Guitar

6 month check-up